Thursday, September 27, 2012

Weekend Journey

I remember it was my 20th birthday two years ago when I went to Singapore and surprisingly came to coincide with the 2010 Formula 1 Grand Prix. Listening to the engine of F1 cars from afar gave me goosebumps and I really wanted to go closer to the circuit but unfortunately I had not have the ticket. But this year, I got the chance to watch the Singapore F1 Grand Prix and to make it even better, I could also watch Maroon 5 and Katy Perry.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

It was such a great experience to watch the F1 racing drivers drove, like, rrrrreally fast in front of my bare eyes (I can't even describe how fast the cars were). I even had to buy foam earplugs to save my hearing. We got the seats at zone 3 Bay Grandstand and it was right accross the Marina Bay Sands and the ArtScience Museum. That zone has a beautiful view, but for me personally, I don't think it's a really great spot to watch the grand race, because the race track that can be seen in zone 3 is really short. I think it's gonna be better if we buy the zone 4 Walkabout to watch the race next year.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

But anyway, we reached saturday evening, at around 10pm my brother and I walked to Padang Stand to watch one of our fav bands, Maroon 5. We've been waiting to watch them live since they released Songs About Jane circa 2002 - 2003, so it was 9 - 10 years ago. The concert started with the sound of a phone ringing and we all knew that they're gonna sing Payphone. They did not just bring the singles from their new albums, but also from Songs About Jane. Everyone sang along to She Will Be Loved, This Love, Harder to Breathe, and of course, Sunday Morning. My tears kind of shed when Adam started to sing Won't Go Home Without You. Oh, and he also sang Michael Jackson's Dont Stop Til You Get Enough for the intro to Makes Me Wonder. It was beautiful, I was mesmerized. They're so amazing.

We also watched Katy Perry on Sunday. As always, she's beautiful, but I was not that excited to watch her, I think it's because all of my attention was totally absorbed by the awesomeness of Maroon 5. But it was nice though, Katy Perry opened her performance with the famous Hot & Cold and ended it with Part of Me. Overall, Singapore F1 Grand Prix 2012 was really great.

On Monday afternoon, I went to ArtScience Museum with my brother to go see Harry Potter The Exhibition and Andy Warhol 15 Minutes Eternal. Another jaw-dropping experience. Harry Potter The Exhibition is really a Harry Potter fans' dream come true. I read the books, I watched the movies, and always wondering how wondrous it would be if I could enter Hogwarts. In the exhibition, all props and things we've seen in the films are suddenly right there in front of me.

The Flying Ford Anglia and one of the self-moving piece of Wizard's Chess where Ron used as a Knight greeted us at the entrance of the exhibition, followed by the line up to take a seat on the stool where the Sorting Hat magically determines to which of the four houses each of us is to be assigned. Then, we entered a dark room and suddenly the scenes from all 8 Harry Potter films started to play. My tears streamed down my eyes when I watched them. The scenes brought me back to 10 years ago, when Harry, Hermione, and Ron were all still really young. I  kind of grew up with them. I think every person of my generation who read and watched these epic series feels the same way. We kind of grew up with Harry Potter.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I still could not take my eyes off of the screen when a big sliding door beside of me suddenly opened and there we saw a woman with black robe and an old lamp shouting, "come on, move along! Come on!" and there it was, the Hogwarts Express. THE REAL HOGWARTS EXPRESS, with the smoke coming out from  its chimney and everything. Again I was mesmerized. Then we walked to Gryffindor Common Room, Gryffindor Boys' Dormitory, Hogwarts Classes, Quidditch area, Hagrid's Hut, The Forbidden Forest, Dark Forces, and last but not least, the Great Hall.

Hundreds of props, costumes, and characters there, were all taken from the studio where they filmed the movies. I saw pixies, all of the Horcruxes, the Deathly Hallows. I sat on Hagrid's sofa, I pulled out Mandrakes, I threw Quaffle, I saw the real Golden Snitch. The "I must not tell lies" paper that Harry wrote down with Blood Quill. I went to the Forbidden Forest, and it was scary as hell. I never expected that the real life Acromantula is so huge and freaking creepy!!!!!!! Also the head of Hungarian Horntail. The death eater, real life sized Nagini, Voldemort's masks. I saw Dobby and Fawkes. I went inside the Great Hall with candles hanging on top of the ceiling.. Dammit. I could spend hours there. Too bad we could not take pictures inside. But it was a real lifetime experince. I've been enchanted by Harry Potter books and movies for almost a decade! I wish I could go to Warner Bros Harry Potter Studio Tour soon, WICKED!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

The tour then continued with Andy Warhol 15 Minutes Eternal. It was also really beautiful. All the artwork and installation made by Warhol, his quotes, his movies were all there to be enjoyed. I went inside the Factory. Played with Silver Clouds, learned how to do the silkscreen paintings, God it was pretty. I love Andy Warhol, to infinity. I will never forget my journey last weekend.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The famous American photographer Tyler Hills shoot a Fendi outlet group photo on the alligator suffered outside controversy. Photo, Taylor will one hundred thousand dollars worth of Hermes Birkin bag a ferocious feeding a deadly alligators , stunning British actress Anna Moore Vojislav · Teng also in the photo, the 22 -year-old she was wearing a black tights and a pair of super- high heels, and alligators that fierce snatch the coveted luxury. Some pictures , she even flat lying on the floor from the opposite side and alligators bite the bags together . Other photos , she is generous will bag a bird feeding a crocodile .
According to Taylor said he spent only four days they found a suitable alligators , but in the application to get the valuable fake handbags uk which took nearly seven months. Now think of the scene at the time of the shooting , Taylor threw Nie Bahan said: . " We were just a few steps away from death in a shoot with Anna and crocodiles bite the bag when the crocodile suddenly closed one eye as if ready to attack her like that fortunately it did not really my later career craziest shot once experienced " shooting for this daunting task was how to get started , Taylor then said: ." .. this is simply a distance games, beginning when Anna is far from it , but with the subsequent shooting were , little by little they are getting closer and closer , until finally only a few feet away. actually, I always wanted to shoot this scene , and finally I finally achieved it . " it is reported that now the photo has been full of crocodile Hermes bag bite marks , this is the name of art destroyed Taylor 's second luxury package.
Entering a new boutique, a familiar but gorgeous ambience open, grand and majestic interior design . Exquisite interior design works of art and like products like Pierre embraced in this thesis to the new home, the perfect combination .May 1 , located at 141 New Bond Street, London, new Fendi replica flagship store grand opening. The new boutique is located in a 19th century building , in the renovation process, retains the Flemish -style ceramic tile walls, a blend of Fendi style and continued the historic character of the building.