Monday, April 16, 2012

香港 2012

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Let's start this, I've been collecting all my energy the past two days from all the pain and sore on my legs and it's even so hard to get up from the bed just because I ate a lot last week, but now I'm ready to let people know how beautiful Hongkong is.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Yes, I went to Hongkong again last week for 8 days in total, it was really great because this year, my brother joined the trip too (he had his national examination last year, so we left him for the whole week!) and my dad also asked my aunt to join too, so it was kind of a jazzy holiday with 5 crazy people strolling around Hongkong each and every day, 7am - 11pm!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

The first two photos we took from the plane. I'm now obsessed with the sky and clouds. Feels like I wanna jump from one cloud to another, play softball or something, and then just fly away. Being inside the plane for hours always bores me, but the beauty of the sky and those scattered clouds that looks like cotton candy below the plane amazed me! 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

After almost 4hrs+ we finally arrived in Hongkong. If you have never been to Hongkong before I suggest you to buy a double decker bus two-way ticket from the airport. Well you can also go by the MTR but you don't want to miss the beautiful view of Hongkong, I've been there a few times but I always chose to go to the city by the double decker bus. The picture under was also taken when we were on our way to the city, it takes about 45mins+ and I can guarantee you that your eyes will be spoiled by the wondrous scenery.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Since this was the first time for my aunt to go back to Hongkong after years, we asked her to go to the Harbour City and the Avenue of Stars. We can see the view of Hongkong island across the sea, beside the harbour. The place where I stayed is in Kowloon, so when I wanted to go to Hongkong I need to go by MTR or Star Ferry. I recommend you the ferry, it only costs HKD $2.50 and you'll get to see the beautiful view of Hongkong plus the cold breeze of the wind from inside the ferry.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

There are a lot of shopping areas in Kowloon, just below the apartment where I stayed and also around the blocks, like H & M and HMV! There are lots of small restaurants too, and they are all my favourite! But if you want to shop at Forever 21 (6 floors of FXXI -- moneyfreeze!!), IKEA, and go to other big malls, hang out at Starbucks and eat the famous Mak's Wonton Noodle, you gotta go across the sea, to Causeway Bay. It's like the Shibuya of Hongkong kind of place. My dad's old apartment when he used to live in Hongkong years ago is located at Causeway Bay!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Anyway, my family always choose the month April to go to Hongkong because of the weather. It was so cold and foggy the whole week. I clenched my teeth lotta times, could not stop to eat and also drink cups of milk tea. If you're already sick and tired of Jakarta's weather which is so freaking hot and humid, I, myself think that the best month to go there is around March - April. Oh and in addition to that, there are lots of discounts everywhere!! That's how amazing Hongkong is in April. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

This is a random shoot I took near Nathan Rd, That ice cream truck sells my mom's favourite ice cream when she also used to live in Hongkong. It's about HKD $8 but I did not buy it, since it was really really cold out there that time.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
And the last photo! My mom, aunt, myself, and brother :--)

5 comments:

Luthfi Darwis said...

AH... I love the photos

SHIDA ARUYA said...

@luthfidarwis: thanks Luthfi and I'm in love with your photos too! ALL OF THEM fyi.

Saskia Anggun CH said...

this post makes me wanna go to hk even more, aaaah enaknya yang udah selesai skripsi bisa jalan2 :'(

SHIDA ARUYA said...

@Saskia: Ayo kak Saskiiii ke hongkong, it's like one of my favourite places evur! :--) Aku juga belom selese skripsi kok masih bab 4 HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA ;______;

outlook fly said...

Outlook 2010 able to keep track of all appointments, meetings, play dates, shopping lists, e-mailing, and contacts in one easy to use, extremely fast place. Microsoft outlook 2010 download is great product.