Saturday, March 24, 2012

Friendly Fires Pulled Me Back to Earth

It’s almost the end of March and turns out I could not keep my promise when I said I’ll blog again (for at least) every week, but whatever. How are you guys doing? It’s so funny, you know, when at first you were so eager to do something and promised yourself that you’d finish it as soon as possible, (for me it’s all about my final thesis), and turns out number two, you found out that you could not do that because there’re too much distractions like holidays, internet, and bla bla bla, let’s call it “reasons”, all I did for the past two months were lazying around, had dates with my laptop, literally had dates with bestfriends, watched movies, and went to music concerts and gigs.

But, I finally finished my fourth chapter last week. Finished it in one day only, sent the file to my thesis advisor and she said I only need to add  a bit of this and that, here and there, and it’ll be done in no time, amen.

Right, talking about concerts, before St Jerome’s Laneway Festival, I also went to Love Garage and saw Bag Raiders and Röyksopp. Röyksopp, brought the songs beautifully even though I know they felt like baked pies inside the oven with their marvelous eccentric outfits. I decided not to watch Erol Alkan and went home, because I got the tickets for free anyways, so it did not really matter.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Last week we gathered around again at Fairgrounds to watch Friendly Fires and The Magician. Roman Foot Soldiers opened the gig and followed by The Magician, which I thought was really boring. Like, really. Even though I saw people danced when he played Lykke Li’s “I Follow Rivers”, but seriously, boring like fuck. Maybe just because I don’t really like the genre. Maybe. 

Anyways, I have been waiting for Friendly Fires since forever, dammit and  when they came out with the famous “Lovesick”, I just started to dance and sing along with my friend Tata. “Skeleton Boy” and “Show Me Lights” which are my two favourites were brought back to back, and followed by “Pala”, everyone started to do the slow dance and it was reallyyyyyy good. The vibe was great. I am so glad I finally got the chance to see them live (especially to see EDD GIBSON, y’all one sexy man) and also to see Ed’s moves in person! Luvly. One of the best performances I saw live. I didn't bring my camera with me, so I only had two photos from my friend's camera <3

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Last thing, when I said I was lazying around all day, I actually strolled around my old photo folders and found these photos I took last year in Hongkong. It really surprised me when two weeks ago Dad told me that we’re going back to Hongkong again on April 6th!! It’s been a while and I really miss the place. I also decided to bring my old Ricoh Lx-22 s and try to take pictures with that colorful camera. So, I’ll see you next month, Hongkong? :--)

7 comments:

Theresia Novianti said...

omg so lucky you are!!

SHIDA ARUYA said...

@theresia: hehehe :-) hope that you're lucky too!

Theresia Novianti said...

but that won't be as lucky as you :|

SHIDA ARUYA said...

@theresia: no, everyone is as lucky as me :--) I am also as lucky as you.

outlook fly said...

Outlook 2010 able to keep track of all appointments, meetings, play dates, shopping lists, e-mailing, and contacts in one easy to use, extremely fast place. Microsoft outlook 2010 download is great product.

Margaret Martinez said...

So, what happened to your thesis? I hope everything went according to your plan. Thesis writing can really be hard, so it was a good thing that you managed to write thesis statement and other part of it and finish some of it in one day. Little steps can really help lessen the burden of a large task. Anyway, the part you’ve been to looks amazing!

Anonymous said...

One of its best-selling product Chanel replica handbags " No. 5 perfume " , the EU Scientific Committee on Consumer Safety recommended a ban on the sale , because the tree moss fragrance contains ingredients . Tree moss is a natural extract, but with pollen , as it could lead to a 1% -3% of people are allergic , but it itself is harmless. cheap replica handbags Paris Fashion Week debut of new models of volcanic ash T stage catwalk on March 8 , the models show Chanel 2011-2012 autumn and winter clothing at the Paris Exhibition . The same day, Chanel Paris Fashion Week debut in autumn and winter .
The organizers will live and stones covered with volcanic ash , smoke in the audience of the world shrouded atmosphere. 14, accompanied by the roar of the machine , more than 30,000 pieces of counterfeit "LV", Louis vuitton replica handbags and other brands are now being destroyed on the spot in the ancient streets of Yantai Development Zone . These bags bags cases from 2011 Yantai Municipal Public Security Bureau cracked selling , brand trademark infringement , involving the value of 7.4 billion, is the largest country involved in the value of similar cases . Active in Japan and South Korea , specializing in manufacturing and selling fake brand-name bags gang was destroyed. China duty-free imports from a limited liability company in Belgium luxury brand " Chanel " nail polish , because the detection of benzene have been notified . It is understood that the volatile benzene , long-term contact with the skin or by inhalation into the body , would infringe the human nervous system. A current batch of wash water have been destroyed.