Sunday, January 1, 2012

Welcoming 2012!

Happy New Year 2012 to everyone and Happy Mew Year to my fellow Frengers!

2011 has treated me real good. Lots of surprises I could not even mention them one by one. From important things like my previous internship as a fashion assistant, another holiday trip to HongKong, my brother's first year in college, my thesis proposal hearing, the ost of Skyscraper album release by Jonas Bjerre, Is Tropical's Native To album release, Apparatjik World for my iPad, Tame Impala, 30 Seconds To Mars, The Drums, Paramore; to simple-but-wondrous things like birthday greetings from Dan, birthday presents from We're No Heroes, and also a signed picture of Is Tropical which I also counted as a birthday present from my friend who lives in California. Made new friends, ate everything I want, done whatever the fuck I want. I enjoyed every ups and downs last year, time flew so fast it's already 2012 today! 

If you ask me what's my new year resolution? Well, to be honest, I really dont have one, cos I think if I wanna be a better me, or if I wanna achieve something, I do not have to wait til the end of the year, life's short man, live life to the fullest, just do your best at everything, every-single-day :-) You dont wanna wait til the end of the year to be a better person, right? 

Forget about resolution, 2012 will be a year full of concerts. Foster The People, Metronomy, The Naked and Famous, Bombay Bicycle Club will come to my town this month, and I havent even bought the tickets, fuckety fuck. But I am going to Singapore in February because of Laneway Festival! Thank God the ticket is now safe inside my drawer. 

I can not wait to see Girls, The Horrors, The Drums (ageynnnn), Cults, Toro Y Moi, etc! Man, GIRLS and THE HORRORS. I will see Chri55y Baby and Rhys Webb in front of my eyes next month. That's an accomplishment y'all, seriously. Friendly Fires, Peter Bjorn and John, Royksopp, and (lets cross our fingers, because it is still a rumour) The xx will come to my town too. I'm going apeshit for all of them, 2012 will be a great year, amen!

Anyway, I'm gonna share one of the achievements that I've got last year, it happened when I still had my internship as a fashion assistant with my bestfriends. Our boss asked us to make a 6 pages-fashion spread for the magazine! I was so excited I puked rainbow. Tata, Ocha, and I chose "Radar Detector" by Darwin Deez as the theme/title of the fashion spread. I asked my friend Dede and a girl named Keisha to be our models. 

We also asked our friend, Jason to be the photographer. That day was really frustrating but fun. We were so anxious, but we hope the photos will turn out good. Here I'll give you the sneakpeek I took with my own camera, edited them a bit, enjoy! (this fashion spread will come out in February, please do not forget to buy the magazine! You will not regret it)
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Oh, and one thing, my brother's band, Coke In My Pocket finally released their first music video, Anomaly. If you have never listened to their songs, go to their MySpace and also follow their Twitter for further information! Thankyou.

2 comments:

Felkiza Vinanda said...

good to hear you're going to laneway festival! it's like everyone's dream, isn't it?

have fun, shida!

happy new year :)

SHIDA ARUYA said...

@felkiza: Yep I really can not wait for Laneway! Thankyou!