Saturday, October 15, 2011

I Am 21 Years Old --- "happy birthday, birthday thing x"

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

These cute guys are Kay and Jelte from the band, Valerius. I've got the chance to watch their show for free last month, came to their meet and greet and got pictures with them too. Valerius was great. I am in love with Jelte and he told me that if they knew that it was my birthday last month, they would have sing a birthday song for me on stage. Too bad they knew it after the show. But it's lovely to know that nowadays great bands out there have really friendly members you don't feel like you're the fan of them but you're their friends who love the songs from those bands. Don't youu agree? How many of you have already had a chat or even be friends with members of the bands out there? :D
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Anyway, last month was my birthday, and it was memorable. Got lots of birthday wishes from everyone; my family, my friends, and some people I don't know, it was really sweet. But what made it totally memorable was because I've got all of the things I've wished for. I've told you on my last post that I really really really wanted to have my internship in a magazine company, God heard my prayer and I started my first day of internship in Girlfriend Magazine as a fashion assistant on September 28th, which is my birthday, and to make it even better, my bestfriend Tata also works there. That was like a dream came true for me. As for now I've already worked for almost 3 weeks and I really enjoy it. My job is to go to every malls, boutiques, shops to borrow clothes, do photoshoots with models, write fashion articles and stuff. I was also asked to be a model once for our December edition! That was fun.

These are other presents I got: Apparatjik's We Are Here CD and DVD, The Drums' Portamento, Darwin Deez' self titled album, Danimal Kingdom's vinyl, and The Nylon Book of Global Style from mom. The last picture shows you presents I got from this UK band called We're No Heroes. A week after my birthday I've got a white box sitting on my desk, and when I opened it I found those CDs inside. That was a total surprise for me. It's really beautiful. How many times can you get a surprise present from one of your fav bands?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Oh and one story, the next day after my birthday my mom told me to open my facebook wall. I didn't know why at first but after I looked at it, I screamed. Dan from Danimal Kingdom sent me a message that said, "happy birthday, birthday thing. I hope your birthday was awesome. Let me know if you're coming over x", maybe you think I am exaggerating but you will not understand how much I love him and his works, that's why the message made me scream. It was simply the best birthday wishes ever!!
 
And last but not least, who loves Mono? Raise your hands! Please don't beat me up after you look at the pictures down here. I volunteered for "An Exclusive Night with Mono" last week. Their live performance was beyond wondrous, I felt like my heart was being sliced slowly everytime they played their tunes. One word, it was BEAUTIFUL. 
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

6 comments:

nadiraa natasyaa said...

now i believe dreams do come true. i'll wait for mine too! ;)thanks

SHIDA ARUYA said...

@nadiraa: hey there! Dreams do come true, you just have to believe in them, you'll get all of your dreams in the future. When you dream of something but you havent got it yet, just wait, because it will come to you at the perfect time.

Winda Tiodang said...

I AM A NEW FASHION BLOGGER FROM INDONESIA, LIVING IN SINGAPORE.
I LOVE YOUR BLOG,AND YOU AS WELL ! NICE POST!! I AM NOW FOLLOWING YOUR BLOG,YOU CAN CHECK IT!! IT WOULD BE AN HONOR IF YOU FOLLOW MY BLOG:

seekthesleek.blogspot.com
if you follow my blog:
- I WILL BE ACTIVE ON COMMENTING YOUR POSTS
- I WILL RECOMMEND YOUR POSTS TO GOOGLE
- I WILL SHARE YOUR POSTS TO MY TWITTER : @TIODANG
PLEASE LET ME KNOW YOUR TWITTER ACCOUNT, SO I CAN MENTION YOU IF I SHARE YOUR POST TO MY TWITTER,
AND FEEL FREE TO MENTION ME IF YOU WANT ME TO READ YOUR NEWEST POST & COMMENT IT!
- I WILL PROMOTE YOUR BLOG IN MY BLOG (*this one need a special request , please contact me: cheeringwinda@yahoo.com if you are interested!)
*THAT IS AS LONG AS YOU KEEP IN TOUCH WITH MY BLOG TOO!!*

(PLEASE TELL ME IF IT SAYS THAT I HAVENT FOLLOW YOUR BLOG, SOMETHING IS WRONG WITH MY BLOG RECENTLY, BUT IF IT'S FIXED, I WILL FOLLOW U AS SOON AS POSSIBLE)

Marco N Adriaansz said...

SHIT YOUR BIRTHDAY WAS AWESOME! I'M SUPER HAPPY FOR YOU SHIDA!

IF YOU FOLLOW MY BLOG I WILL BE ACTIVE ON COMMENTING YOUR BLOG <- shitty spam!

Hahahahah fuck you such a blessed kid!

Radit said...

Happy birthday and be blessed *lama ga mampir kemari

SHIDA ARUYA said...

@Meeco: Thanks love.

@Radit: thanks mas Radit <3