Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Celebrating my Dad's 50th birthday in HK part 1

April 21st, 2010. I went to HongKong with my family.

My grandpa was a diplomat, so that's why my family kinda travel everywhere. On 1960, my dad's family lived in Hongkong, and at that time, my dad was born. So this year he'll be 50, and he decided to take the family to his birthplace. I think it's kind of a nostalgic time for him, coz he lived there years ago. And for my mom, she's always been in love with HongKong. She told me that HongKong is a heaven for people who loves to shop, and my comment is YES, IT IS HEAVEN. I've only gone to HongKong for twice before and I was only a little kid, I didnt remember anything, so that's why I'm so excited to go this year!!



at the time we arrived in HK, I felt so happy. Excited to see the huge modern airport, and also the double decker bus! I am hoping that Jakarta will use that kind of bus too!
Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

We stayed at Tsim Sha Tsui, it's an urban area in southern Kowloon. Tsim Sha Tsui is a major tourist hub in Hong Kong with many shops and restaurants as well :D So I spent the first day in HK walking around Tsim Sha Tsui and also went to the famous Avenue of Stars that looks like the Hollywood Walk of Fame. It is located at Victoria Harbour waterfront. There you can see lots of handprints and autographs of actors, such as Jackie Chan, Bruce Lee, Andy Lau, etc. It's a must to go there! You can also see HongKong island in a very attractive way, like this
Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

And this right here is me taking a pic with my hands on Andy Lau's handprints, and Shodi's shoes stood beside the handprints :p  And the best part is the Bruce Lee statue! Who doesnt love him? He's so gorgeous I really wanna die when I saw the statue. Still, the view from Avenue of Stars. I really could spend hours there just to feel the wind blows. The weather in HK is freakin cold, I thought the winter is already ended but it has not! Thankgod I wore my cardigans
Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
.



Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
dont you think the pink flowers are lovely?

and this is Mongkok a heavenly place with shops and also restaurants. Mongkok has the famous nightmarket! Shop shop shop til you drop! I did a lot of shopping here, I came home with two big bags of Cotton On. Stuffs at Cotton On made me wanna scream so loud!! it's crazy!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

At the end of the day my family and I sat beside Nathan Road, it's the exact place of where we stayed actually. This is the night view of Nathan Road, I know I know, it's amazingly beautiful.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

6 comments:

jacobian said...

well it's looks a lot like fun there.anyway how long does it take to arrive in hongkong from indonesia by plane?

SHIDA ARUYA said...

it's approximately 5 hours I think.. It's wonderful. HongKong is wonderful.

Felkiza Vinanda said...

oh my God, i guess you were really having a good time there!!!

SHIDA ARUYA said...

Yes Kiza, I really had a wondrous time there :) Hoping to go there in the next 3 or 4 months amen! You should go there too!!!

nadiraa said...

love the last picture!

Shida Aruya said...

thankyou nadiraa